Worldshield.ws is the DDoS mitigation control panel that nexonhost.com provides for you to manage your DDoS protected proxies.
Once you receive the login details and login in worldshield.ws panel, click on Manage to start the configuration of your proxy server.
Below is an explanation of each module.
1. Backend IP and port. On the backend IP module, you need to add the server we will be protecting and the specific ports. The port to port option, will forward traffic on your website from eg. yourwebsite.com:8080 to your backend_ip:8080
2. Manage SSL Certificates. First, add your domain here, then click on edit and add the Certificate + CA Certificate and the SSL Key each in its specific box then click on Update. If you do not have a SSL certificate contact us and we will generate one for free. This option will be added later on the panel.
3. Block User Agent. On this module, you can block any user agents that you do not need to access your service. You can check the user agent in logs in the "Search in proxy logs" or "Live Access logs" modules.
Example of user agent: Mozilla/5.0 (QtEmbedded; U; Linux; C) AppleWebKit/533.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) MAG200 stbapp ver: 4 rev: 1549 Mobile Safari/533.3
6. Deny URLs. On this module, you can block any URL on your website that is or can be used for DDoS attacks. Eg. /client/assets/img/, this will not blacklist the IP that is loading this URL but only block this request.
7. MAC Spam Mod. When this module is enabled, it will check if one IP is using different mac addresses.
9. GEO IP Blocking. On this module, you can block any countries that you wish to not access your service. If your website servers only the visitors of a specific country, its recommended to block the rest.
On the URL Location exception box, you can add the URLs where the Web Security Challenge should not apply.
12. Advanced Filters. On the advanced filters module, you can set a more complex way to block invalid requests. You can enter block time (the period the IP address remains blocked), How many requests - in the Matches box, and the interval of time these requests are counted - in Time to Match.
Eg below, will check and block more than 2 requests in 10 seconds interval for 3600 seconds. That load the URL: "GET /unmetered-vps.php HTTP"
If you have any questions or need any help, feel free to always contact us.